2006-05-19

First off, congratulations to the fans in Edmonton for the super-classy way they conducted themselves during the anthems of Game 6. If you haven't already heard, not only did they loudly cheer the American anthem, but everyone sang "O Canada," and I'm fairly sure I saw tears in the eyes of a couple Oilers on the bench.

Now then. Predictions. (And quickly, before I turn on the Western Conference Final.)

WEST

(6) Anaheim vs (8) Edmonton - Edmonton in 6
-The Oilers have the strong defence to counter Anaheim's hard forecheck, and will go to the net with more gusto than Calgary or Colorado did. Plus, they win every series in six. What's left to tell?

EAST

(2) Carolina vs (4) Buffalo - Carolina in 7
-Two teams who can score and play defence, with hot goalies at either end of the ice. Buffalo will fight to the death, but the 'Canes will ultimately prevail.


So last round my predictions were 2 for 4 in terms of who would win the series...and the only one I got on the number of games was the Sharks/Oilers series. So I'm not sure if that counts. Overall, that puts me up to 8 for 12, so you've gotta like that.

By the way, that series between Edmonton and San Jose was some of the best hockey I've ever seen, if you ignore some of the refs' decisions. The players were all in for that one, so a salute to them. Hopefully the Conference Finals bring more of the same.

No comments: